Friday, January 15, 2010

Next Monday at Miró

The crazy busy summer season has made me neglect my organizational activities this month of January, so here´s a late notice for Monday´s meeting.

I thought that continuing with our roving “waterfront venues” and again as suggested by Teacher Judith, we could try out Bar Miró, across the street from El Emir beach, on 27th street. The view is very nice, and I´m thinking of taking over the back room, which is cooler than the other areas of the restaurant and has superb views and enough tables for all of us.

My personal suggestion is to keep the tables as they are and allow for a bit mingling, rather than setting up long, banquet-type tables that prevent circulation. In the end, you can only talk to the 4 people sitting closest to you anyway, so it´s good to be able to get up and switch tables or just chit-chat while standing up.

On another note, Doris has been clamoring to organize a Carnaval costume-party-cum-karaoke event at Pizza Sing, in February, naturally. Frankly, it´s not my cup of tea (you have to abandon any trace of dignity at the door and submit to things you would not want to see on video circulating on Facebook later on) but I understand that there are many who are attracted to the idea and find it loads of fun. After all, Pizza Sing has been in business for at least a decade…

So please, if you do want to go, SEND A REPLY INDICATING YOU WILL ATTEND, so we can plan accordingly. In order to close down the place for our group, they need at least 40 reservations, so hurry up and email Doris (dorisher@gmail.com)

For our regular February meeting I’m hoping to finally make it to Nonno Antonio, the cheese factory located in the old Country Cook farm, on Camino Lussich. This will be a “forest” environment with cheese, wines, etc. I have to get in touch to negotiate details, and will let you know later on.

Otherwise, I hope you are enjoying the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment