Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hi and welcome

Hi all. At the suggestion of Monica, a newish ESC member from California and avid surfer, I have set up this blog.

For now, a reminder of this afternoon´s high-tea at Este Cafe, from 4 to 8 pm, and of the Chicago Children´s Choir concert at the Conrad this Saturday.

I will post a couple of mailings I sent out in the past few days, and will welcome pictures from members from past gatherings. Just tell me the approximate dates, and if you have them and have permission to do so, the names of the people in the pictures.

Otherwise, check in regularly, I will be posting further news and comments of interest to the group.

If you are an not in Uruguay and are planning an exploratory trip to Punta del Este that does not coincide with any of our meetings, let us know and we can organize a lunch or dinner with a few members for you to exchange ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I sent emails to some of the Expat's members to introduce myself, and never received any replies. I was wondering if I don't know how to retrieve them. Also, my husband and I will be in Punta on January 1st for the whole month. We just bought a house in Parada 25 de la Mansa. We'd like to meet cool people, over 30, 40, 50, 60 and counting...Any ideas? We 'll be moving to Punta in a near future when Robin retires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    The best way to meet expats in this area is to attend one of our meetings. If you follow this blog, you will be informed of the dates of our meetings, which are attended by all sorts of people.

    I can also include you in our mailing list if you send me your email. Just post a comment with your name and email address and I will not publish it, just take your email address for our mailing list, so you can receive notice of our events.

    Best.

    ReplyDelete